cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update PTN3392

s_noppe
Contributor I

hi,

I am developing a display port to VGA conversion card with a ptn3392 component and it works. But I have a random concern (1 restart on 50-100) the screen is badly detected (Black screen or oversize) . I contacted the manufacturer of the motherboard and advised me to update the firmware of the component in 1.38 (currently 1.33) of the ptn3392. is it possible to update it?

Thank you in advance for your return.

Cordially
Samuel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

s_noppe
Contributor I

Hi Jose Alberto,

First, all thank you for your answer! I tried to apply the update and it has been going well but I can not verify because after the update the screen went blank no longer wanted to display something. With the latest version, would the mode bits s0-s3 matter? On my card I have not connected them (internal pulldown) I send you the diagram if something looks wrong for you. Sorry for the quality.

Thanks in advance

Samuel

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Samuel,

I’m not sure what could caused the blank screen you are seen, I’ll discuss with the Applications Engineers and get back to you when I get an answer from them.

Regards,

Jose

NXP Semiconductors

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Samuel,

From the Apps engineers:

Schematics is OK, and S0-S3 pins open are OK too.

After firmware update was done and screen went blank, could you get display back after power cycling PTN3392?

Regards,

Jose

NXP Semiconductors

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Samuel,

Please see attached PTN3392 firmware version F4 update tool, customer can use it to update firmware F4 into PTN3392.

The firmware version F4 is equivalent to the FW version 1.43 which includes all features in FW version 1.38.

Ps, The password for attached rar file is NXP.

Regards,

Jose

NXP Semiconductors

0 Kudos