cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC57D54HCVLTR cannot be flashed on the first time

johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hello, 

I have made a custom board with SAC57D54HCVLTR 208-pin MCU; however, the first time it is powered, it is in the reset state, is this normal?

And I have tried to flash it using S32DS for Arm, but it is not working. The IDE says 'cannot communicate with the board'. I have been using its eval board for the past 2 years, the MAC57D54MB but with the BGA version of the said MCU, and I assure all settings in the IDE are correct. 

I have checked the schematics and PCB, and it is all well. I use JTAG, btw.

Any ideas on how to load the MCU for the first time would greatly help. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi 

I found a mistake in my custom board where the 2 external clocks are far enough from the MCU. Will definitely fix this. Will update soon. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi,

It seems to me that the current state is the Powerup phase where the MCU is stuck. I have checked all power supplies with 1.2V and 3.3V which are all okay. Anyone with same experience?? what could possibly be the reason for this? thanks

0 Kudos

johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

I have checked all switches and power supply, and they are fine. My first question was the MCU supposed to be in a reset state upon first powering up? thanks

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You must check the fuses or the Switches to stay in flash to program then to run, you can program this with JTAG as well.

This product is out of support please check it replacement:

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/i-mx-rt595-eval...

Regards

0 Kudos