cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-Record for PCA2003

Jump to solution
Nathan_G
Contributor II

Is it possible to retrieve the S-record from NXP IC: PCA2003? or is the IC have this function?

What would be the procedure in retrieving the s-record?

I'm currently working on this IC chip and having trouble with programming as it results to erratic behaviour of the IC during reading of the registers and cannot be programmed anymore.

Programmer Tool: WITSCHI Q2 Analyzer

Thanks,

Nate

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nate,

As far as I know, the PCA2003 is not compatible with CW or any other NXP’s IDEs.

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nathan,

I am not very familiar with this pretty old (~15 years) IC, but I do believe it is not possible. As for the programming, I would recommend taking a closer look at the AN11219.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos
Nathan_G
Contributor II
Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at the AN11219 data sheet and compare it with the the data sheet we have which is PCA2003-201905.
Incidentally, I saw a thread asking about generating s-record with CodeWarrior. Is the IC supported on this platform?

https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-Development-Tools/S-record/td-p/496188

Many thanks for your assistance.

Nate
0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nate,

As far as I know, the PCA2003 is not compatible with CW or any other NXP’s IDEs.

BR, Tomas

Nathan_G
Contributor II
Hi Tomas,

Appreciate the reply. I will inform our design team of the ideas I got from you.
At the very least we have a clue that this IC does not support s-record. We can look for other angles why the IC is behaving erratically during programming stage.

thank you very much.
Nate
0 Kudos