PN7150 timeout during data transfer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 timeout during data transfer

jiamin_fan
Contributor I

Hello NXP community. I am using PN7150 on a NFC reader to talk with nRF52 NFC device.

now PN7150 has connected with nRF52. But when nRF52 receiving a custom command, it will go into an interrput which cause NFC peripheral stopped for 10~300ms (maybe longer).

According to the state machine drawing in UM10936, once PN7150 discover a tag, it goes into RFST_POLL_ACTIVE state. When PN7150 has detected a timeout or an unrecoverable protocol error during the RF communication with the PICC, it will autonomously come back to RFST_DISCOVERY state.

So I think PN7150 must have a periodical device present check or timeout check in RFST_POLL_ACTIVE state.

Is there anyway to change the timeout setting or retry setting in PN7150 so that it will not come back to RFST_DISCOVERY even when the tag stop working for a while.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jiamin_fan

Hope you are doing well.

Please, consider that PN7150 is Not Recommended for New Designs; we recommend using PN7160 instead. Also, our support scope is limited to the usage of our recommended NFC Reader Library or specific NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example and supported MCUs from our portfolio.

In case the RF link with the PICC is broken, the regular way to behave according to NCI is that the PN7150 will detect a timeout or an unrecoverable protocol error and send then a CORE_INTERFACE_ERROR_NTF with the appropriate status. It is then up to the DH to stop the RF Discovery with RF_DEACTIVATE_CMD(IDLE) and to restart the RF Discovery with RF_DISCOVER_CMD.

As an alternative to comply with EMVCo requirements, the autonomous transition from RFST_POLL_ACTIVE to RFST_DISCOVERY can be triggered by the sending of the RF_DEACTIVATE_NTF(Discovery, Link Loss).

You can find the possible states and conditions/events that trigger the transitions between states In UM10936, Section 9.1.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

jiamin_fan
Contributor I

Thanks, Eduardo.

From UM10936, PN7150 will keep in poll active state even it sending a CORE_INTERFACE_ERROR_NTF. I will wait here for a while and try to recieve further data from tag. Not sure if it is working, but let me try it first.

0 Kudos