Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 High Bitrate

Jump to solution
wilmer_suarez
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using a PN7150 to communicate with an NFC endpoint that supports the ISO-DEP protocol. I was reading the user manual and it states that "... the ISO-DEP RF interface activation for technology NFC-A is incompatible with bit rates higher than 106kbps...". But it also states that higher bit rates can be used for NFC-A technologies.

Is there a workaround that will allow me to configure the transmission of the PPS command by the Host or by the PN7150, to allow the higher bit-rates?

Thanks 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wilmer_suarez ,

Hope you are doing great, as you correctly state, the reader supports 106, 212,424 and 848 speeds, in the user manual you can also find in section 6.3.6 the explanation of this and a  part of the NCI specs,  how the PI_BIT_RATE  can be used to do this.

jonathaniglesia_0-1603726485788.png

BR

Jonathan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @wilmer_suarez ,

Hope you are doing great, as you correctly state, the reader supports 106, 212,424 and 848 speeds, in the user manual you can also find in section 6.3.6 the explanation of this and a  part of the NCI specs,  how the PI_BIT_RATE  can be used to do this.

jonathaniglesia_0-1603726485788.png

BR

Jonathan

wilmer_suarez
Contributor III

Hi @Jonathan_Iglesias,

Section 6.3.6 also states:

"Everything is prepared (see the RF configuration parameter PI_BIT_RATE), except for the ISO-DEP RF Interface activation. As currently defined in [NCI], the ISO-DEP RF interface activation for technology NFC-A is incompatible with bit rates higher than 106kbps, since this requires to handle the PPS commands exchange, which is not addressed in [NCI]."

If I set the PI_BIT_RATE to 848 kbps, would it maintain when communicating through the ISO-DEP RF interface?

If no, is there another way to handle the PPS exchange, either through the DH or the NFCC?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes you are correct, so in the same chapter there are some modifications  that are the ones I sent in my first reply:

jonathaniglesia_0-1603747518242.png

so there is a little modifications (first reply) from the ISO-DEP. 

Have a great day !  

Jonathan 

wilmer_suarez
Contributor III

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood the wording in the manual. So, by "an allowed value higher than 0x00" means any of the 4 standard rates? 

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes that is correct, other value of bit rate.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos