cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC MC33PF8200DEES

Chethanbg
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using MiMX8DX6AVLFZAC processor to develop custom board and  MC33PF8200DEES as PMIC for the processor ,now we want to calculate the input current consumption of PMIC ,there is no proper document or tool or simulation to do so and also for the processor power pin VDD_A35,VDD_GPU,VDD_MAIN,VDD_DDR_VDDQ there is no proper actual use case current consumption for above pins there is regulator limit current is updated in datasheet, with this data we are not able to calculate input current consumption of PMIC,kindly help us to resolve

0 Kudos
1 Reply

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you.

In this case, such information is not provided as it is based on each different design. I mean, it will depend of the power mode configured, environment or the regulators used on your application. You should perform your own tests.

PF82 datasheet provides the spec in Table 79 about the quiescent current. And customer can use the data to calculate the power consumption of PF82 in different mode.

diazmarin09_0-1668635189986.png

If PF8200 is in ON state, but none of the regulator is enable, the quiescent current value is the same as QPU_OFF ones no matter the PF82 is in Run or Standby mode. Typical current leakage is 750uA. If enable some regulators of PF8200, customer can add the value of each regulator’s quiescent current on top of the 750uA to calculate the total current consumption. Note that the specs above represent the quiescent for the regulator enabled in the corresponding operating mode at no load.

The PF8200 datasheet does not provide quiescent current in PWM because by nature, the Switching regulators require up to 8mA to switch the LX node to generate the output voltage.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos