cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCF8563 RTC time became 1970

jingKang
Contributor I

Hi all, 

I have recently encountered a problem with PCF8563T(Real Time Clock). ,Most of the time, RTC works well,When the power is turned off and restarted, there is a small probability that the RTC time became 1970,It's like the battery power supply is interrupted,But I have added a XH414H capacatir and a CR1220 battery,at this time, the RTC battery voltage is 2.9V,

I'd be grateful if someone would clarify what could be possibly wrong with my board

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jingKang
Contributor I

I'm so sorry that I haven't replied for I've been traveling for half a year

This issue takes a few days to occur, so it is difficult to test the VCC3V3/battery/CLCKOUT waveform  at the time of issue happened。These signals are normal as usual when the RTC works well。

We only use battery to suport the RTC, after 5 days of power on and off test, the problem still appeared

Does the I2C-bus clock affect reset?

We change the clock to 400KHz, It works well for 2 months with power on and off test

And we set the Control registers(address 00h)  bit3 to 0 to disable the Power-On Reset, the issue happened again

jingKang_1-1673488971308.png

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When you switch the power supply from VCC3V3 and Battery, there should be a power on reset happened on RTC.

You can test the VCC3V3/battery/CLCKOUT waveform to confirm when issue happened.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you share with your schematic?

0 Kudos

jingKang
Contributor I

Thank you  for your reply

this is my schematic 

RTC.png

0 Kudos