cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete Component MPC5554MVR132

kaltom_ngom
Contributor I

Hi, 

I heard that the MCP5554MVR132 is obsolete.  Could you confim this?

If that is the case :

- Is there a particular reason ? 

- When will you stop the production ? 

- Have tou planned another replacement component chich will ensure the functionality of MCP5554MVR132 ? 

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf45548
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MCP5554MVR132 is not recommended for new designs. 

We do not know exactly when it is going to be discontinued as our products are market-driven.

Once the discontinuation notice is out you will have 6 months to purchase the product 

We do not have a direct replacement. However, in the following link, you can find the active MPC55xx MCUs

MPC55xx MCUs | NXP 

0 Kudos

kaltom_ngom
Contributor I

Hi  Susi and Thanks you for your reply! 

Since you don't know when the component will be obsolete, how will we be notified of this date? After  the announcement the production stop date, will we have 6 months to oder the quantity we want ? And, is the production of MPC5553 long term? Indeed the MPC5553 is closer to MPC5554 and we would know if its production is long term ?

Best Regard. 

0 Kudos

nxf45548
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To get the notifications you need to follow the MPC5554|32-bit MCU for Powertrain Application | NXP  and our distributors could assist you to submit the PO. 
MPC5553 belongs to our Product Longevity Program. It has the 15 years production promise, after the launch in 2004. After that date it is market-driven. 

0 Kudos