NFC For Windows Hello

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC For Windows Hello

TexasRFGuy
Contributor II

I am using the NXP7462 and am looking for a passive NFC tag that will work for Multi Factor Authentication using Windows Hello (Windows 10). Can anyone recommend a passive NFC tag?  I cant seem to find requirements and configuration instructions for Windows Hello using NFC.  Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TexasRFGuy
Contributor II

Hi Fabian, 

Thanks for the reply.  

We have a customer that is using Windows 10 and wants to use NFC to login to the computer. Encryption is preferred if Microsoft supports it but not required if they don't. With regards to NDEF capabilities, I am not sure about that one. The major requirement is that it must be supported by MS Windows Hello.   As far as physical form factor we would like to use a sticker approximately 1 inch in diameter.  something similar to https://store.gototags.com/on-metal-nfc-sticker-ntag213-30-mm-circle/ 

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hope you are doing great,
In this case we need more information about the application of the tag in your system, do you want to use some NDEF capabilities?

Do you need encryption? Do you want to use the card to login into a PC? The more details you can provide the best recommendation we can make.
BR

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

TexasRFGuy
Contributor II

Hi Fabian, 

All we want to do is use the card to log into the PC using Windows 10.  No third party applications or additional hardware. We want to use a passive NFC credential to unlock the PC. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards, 

Joseph 

0 Kudos