cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifare DESFire EV2 basic communication using APDU commands

Noopur
Contributor I

Hi,

I have MiFare DESFire EV2 card with me and Identiv uTrust 4701 card reader. I am learning to initiate basic communication with EV2. For this which tool should I use to create/write file?

I am able to run only two basic APDU commands using SpringCard PC/SC Scriptor tool, Select master file with INS 'A4' and Get Challenge with INS '84', how to run other commands given in EV2 datasheet. 

Please provide a tutorial/guidance on how to communicate and create an application with the card. Also I tried using RFID DiscoverLite tool but am unable to communicate using it and understand file management.

Thanking you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, sir thank you for using our products.

As you may have seen in our MIFARE DESFire EV2, we strongly recommend using RFID Discover. Unfortunately, the supported readers are shown on the RFIDDiscover site: https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/mifare-hf/mifare-desfire/rfiddiscover:RFID-DISCOVER

We do recommend to please evaluate the possibility of using an NXP Pegoda, this solution will help you create the applications and configuration required for your project. 

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Noopur
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It might not be the reader issue as I am able to see Identive Trust 4701 reader under new profile-> Contactless reader selection names but unable to communicate further in RFID DiscoverLite. History shows status fail and statusInfo as Unable to find an entry point named 'phhalHw_Pcsc_Init' in DLL 'NxpRdLib.dll'. Is this because of reader? 

Also I tried using PN7462 reader with RFID DiscoverLite but same status is shown with this too. Is this due to reader or because I am using RFID Discover Lite version and not Full version? (Full version is not available.)

Thanking you.

0 Kudos