cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33772B Gain compensation issue

Jump to solution
marco_hsu
Contributor I

During the current acquisition function test of MC33772B, we found that there will be current jump at specific temperature points (around -24℃, 1℃, 24℃, 45 ℃ and 110 ℃). Is this phenomenon related to the IC gain and offset compensation mechanism? How to disable gain and offset compensation mechanism?

marco_hsu_0-1696417982565.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Marco,

the temperature gain compensation cannot be turned off. You can only load your own calibration values from your own EEPROM through the I2C interface. This is however not recommended by NXP. NXP provides parts with optimal calibration values already loaded in the chip. For the gain compensation description, please refer to the MC33772B datasheet from the page 56.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Marco,

the temperature gain compensation cannot be turned off. You can only load your own calibration values from your own EEPROM through the I2C interface. This is however not recommended by NXP. NXP provides parts with optimal calibration values already loaded in the chip. For the gain compensation description, please refer to the MC33772B datasheet from the page 56.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
marco_hsu
Contributor I

Hi JozefKozon,

thanks for your reply.

Because of the procute design, there is no external EEPROM in our board.

Is it possible to overwrite the deafult compensated date via other way?

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

I apologize I made a mistake here. You can change the default data in the Mirror memory registers once they are loaded from the Fuses Cell Array (the internal memory), but you would need to change the date in the Mirror Memory registers after each MC33772B power up or reset. After each power up or reset are the Mirror Memory registers loaded again with the Fuses Cell Array data or from external EEPROM is used. 

JozefKozon_0-1696916591872.png

For the Mirror Memory Access procedure, please refer to the section 9.23 in the MC33772B datasheet.

JozefKozon_1-1696916677209.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
marco_hsu
Contributor I

Hi Jozef,

Our product is compensated temperature effect in our factory, we compensates -30~105 degree C. So we don't need the calibration mechanism.

Is there other method to avoid the gain calibration mechanism? The standard calibration value will affect out compensation result.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

unfortunately no. The gain compensation cannot be turned off and if no external EEPROM is used, the calibration values from gain compensation are loaded from internal memory, which is read only. Please see below a question from another customer regarding the internal memory.

1. As I understand, Fuse Memory is read only and there is no way to erase or corrupt it, correct?

[Answer]: Yes, you're correct, no way to erase it nor to corrupt it, unless a multiple fault occurs.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
marco_hsu
Contributor I

Hi Jozef,

I already accept that the compensate value can't be erased and the mechanism can't be disabled.

Is it possible to read out the Fuses Cell Array value and we do the inverse-calibration back?

Thanks 

0 Kudos