Interfacing PCA9548A with PCIe switch and SOM.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing PCA9548A with PCIe switch and SOM.

vksingh
Contributor I

Hello,
I have connected SOM module (via I2C) with PCIe switch then connected to PCA9548A. Then four PCIe endpoints are connected with PCA9548A via I2C

( SOM <--i2c--> PCIe Switch <--i2c--> PCA9548A <<--- -->> Four PCIe endpoint ) 

(image is attached for better understanding).

My question is, 

1. Can SOM read/write data of PCIe endpoints (e.g PCIe cards connected) connected to PCA9548A?

2. How can PCA9548A communicate with SOM ?

3. How will ( and what type of communication) would be between PCA9548A and its four PCIe endpoints (e.g PCIe cards connected). 

i would request @guoweisun @lisettelozano  @reneeafortenberry- @ufedor @reyes  and other respected member to please please help me out.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

vksingh
Contributor I

Hello Team,

I am waiting for reply , can anyone help me in resolving this issue.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am afraid that it's difficult communicate with PCA9548A with PCIe switch.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For the IIC,the master device and slave device connect into IIC bus together, I assume the SOM is the function of IIC master, what's the function of PCIe switch?

0 Kudos

vksingh
Contributor I

Hello @guoweisun ,

SOM <–i2c–> PCIe Switch <–i2c–> PCA9548A <<— -->> Four PCIe endpoint )

PCIE switch is as per our architecture design , Here SOM is connected to PCIE SWITCH by i2c and pcie interface, but here we are using I2C interface to communicate with PCIE switch .similarly I2C interface to connect PCA9548A with four PCIe endpoints (pcie cards).

Note: we are configuring PCIe switch by Chiplink tool.

My doubt remains the same, How will these four PCIe endpoints (pcie cards) connected to PCA9548A  will communicate to PCIE SWITCH.

0 Kudos