cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support CAN FD in CanTrcv?

nourhankhedr
Contributor I

Hello All,

I need to confirm my understanding to "TJA1145 Datasheet". Is it mandatory to have PN enabled/configured in order to support CAN FD in CanTrcv? Also, I would like to ask what is the necessary changes needed on CanTrcv in order to support CAN FD? 

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxp_jeremyzhou
Contributor I

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As per datasheet TJA1145 enables reliable communication in the CAN FD fast phase at data rates up to 2 Mbit/s. No configuration is needed.

Moreover the TJA1145 implements so-called FD-passive functionality. It is the ability to ignore CAN FD frames while waiting for a valid wake-up frame in Sleep/Standby mode. This feature of partial networking is useful on networks that support both CAN FD and standard CAN 2.0 communications. It allows normal CAN controllers that do not need to communicate CAN FD messages to remain in partial networking Sleep/Standby mode during CAN FD communication without generating bus errors.

BR, Petr

nxp_jeremyzhou
Contributor I
Hello, after power on, i read the NMS and MC , NMS is 1(not entered Normal), MC is 100(standby). after i send cmd to let it goes Normal, then i check the MC and NMS, the MC is still 100, but NMS is 0? do you have any ideal?
0 Kudos

nxp_jeremyzhou
Contributor I
the frame control rgister (address 2Fh), DLC only support 8 bytes? if the can FD message is 64 bytes, how it works?
0 Kudos