Contributor I

Error in simulation with NXP LDMOS device model in Keysight ADS

Model Kits installed: 

• RF_Power_ADS_DesignKit_ads2017p1p9
  • AFT27S010N_Level2_Rev0_DK

Keysight ADS version: 2015.01

Error Message while doing DC simulaiton: 

(stdcmds.ael line 261, column 30)

Error generating netlist for "NXP_LDMOS_modelTest_01_lib:cell_1:schematic": Failed to create netlist:

In design `NXP_LDMOS_modelTest_01_lib:cell_1:schematic':

The instance `I__0' has 4 pins, but the view `AFT27S010N_Level2_Rev0_DK:FSL_AFT27S010N_Level2_Rev0_MODEL_FET2:layout' has 0 pins.

(stdcmds.ael line 261, column 30)

Error generating netlist for "NXP_LDMOS_modelTest_01_lib:cell_1:schematic": Failed to create netlist:

In design `NXP_LDMOS_modelTest_01_lib:cell_1:schematic':

The instance `I__0' has 4 pins, but the view `AFT27S010N_Level2_Rev0_DK:FSL_AFT27S010N_Level2_Rev0_MODEL_FET2:layout' has 0 pins.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Attached ADS project for reference, and snapshot of error report.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I checked your workspace in ADS2016.01 and it works without problems. Please see attached snapshot.

I found the same issue in our database. The following resolution was suggested:

"We are aware ADS2015 contains a defect not present in previous ADS releases. Some of NXP RF ADS SPDK’s which function perfectly in earlier versions of ADS do not function in ADS2015. This has been reported to Keysight, however no hot fixes to patch ADS2015 appear to be planned at this moment.

Therefore, NXP RF does not suggest using ADS2015 for the existing SPDK’s. The only advice is: at the time being please use earlier (or newer), proven version of ADS you have available.

"All of the new kits being developed have a fix internally for the issue with ADS 2015 but older kits will not be modified without a good justification due to the sheer number of these SPDKs and the nature of the fix coming from our side. It is also unfeasible to release a new revision of each old SPDK.”

I was told also there has been communication between NXP and Keysight regarding this issue and probably you can find more information from Keysight."

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sanjeevghildiya
Contributor I

Thanks Pavel

I’ll try to upgrade my ADS version.

​​​​​

Thanks and Regards

Sanjeev K Ghildiyal

M: +91-7899013030

0 Kudos