cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive Ethernet to RJ45 Adapter

Jump to solution
ethermike
Contributor II
I've just received my OM14510-SJA1105TJP: Automotive Ethernet Switch Application Board. The 4 PHYs are Automotive Ethernet connections but I would like to interface via RJ45 for development purposes. I checked with NXP support and there's no adapter available for sale. What's the best/cheapest/fastest way to convert Automotive Ethernet to standard RJ45 ethernet?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ethermike
Contributor II

The most cheapest option I could find was the DP83TC811EVM from TI for $300. Kind of disappointed there aren't more reasonable options to facilitate automotive Ethernet development.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ethermike
Contributor II

The most cheapest option I could find was the DP83TC811EVM from TI for $300. Kind of disappointed there aren't more reasonable options to facilitate automotive Ethernet development.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
ethermike
Contributor II

I'm looking for a more economical option. My hope was that NXP sold something like this to support development.

0 Kudos
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You mean converter between 100Base-TX to 100Base-T1?

0 Kudos
ethermike
Contributor II

Yes I believe so. The evaluation board I mentioned has two wire screw clamps for Automotive Ethernet on each of the four ports:

ethermike_0-1616684372117.png

I need to convert from the two line Automotive Ethernet to an RJ45 plug so I can use normal ethernet cables. I don't currently have any devices which use Automotive Ethernet.

0 Kudos