cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to program MC9S08PT60 using USBDM

shuchengzhu
Contributor I

Hi all

I tried to use USBDM commercial products to program the MC9S08PT60, however the programmer can not detect the chip ID. It gave error like: could not launch the BDM, the target MCU may be secured. I don't know how to fix this problem. Does this MCU requires a new version of BDM??? Hope someone can help me.

Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Shucheng,

I did a quick test with a JS16 based BDM

http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.10/USBDM_JS16/html/index.html

and it seemed to work OK.

It is a bit unclear what the problem is from your description.  Could you do the following:

• Start the stand-alone HCS08 programmer
  • Manually select the device
  • Load a test image
  • Program to target
  • Report exactly what error you get.

If you want to be more helpful you can repeat the above using the debug version of the HCS08 programmer which is available in the installation directory.  Please post the Programmer log file and the usbdm.log.

Also provide the following information:

Thanks.

0 Kudos

shuchengzhu
Contributor I

Hi

The MCU I used is M9S8PT60VLH. I tried with debug version as well, but I could not find any log file.

Regards

Shucheng Zhu

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Shucheng,

The log file are in %appdata%/usbdm

The useful files would be FlashProgrammer_HCS08.log and usbdm.log.

I assume you did try cycling the power when the dialogue pops up?  Some devices can't be connected to unless the power is cycled while the BKGD signal is held low.

bye

0 Kudos

shuchengzhu
Contributor I

Hi pgo

Yes I cycled power to the board. Yesterday I measured waveforms of BKGD and reset pin and found the BKGD pin voltage level is not correct, I changed the pull-up resistor from 10k ohms to 2kohms. Now the programmer start to detect ID of MCU. However it detected the PT to PA series. I will find out the log and attach them here.

Regards

Shucheng Zhu

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Shucheng,

I will have a look at the logs tonight,

In the meantime you could try manually selecting the device as I think there is some error in the handling of the SDIDs for aliased devices which was introduced in the latest version.

I would have thought that a pull-up of 10K would be fine for the BKGD signal.  I'm surprised that a change to 2K would be necessary.

bye

0 Kudos

shuchengzhu
Contributor I

Hi

I tried to use the manual selection of MCU, it seems not work as well.

Regards

Shucheng Zhu

0 Kudos

shuchengzhu
Contributor I

Hi

Thank you for reply me. That is my first time to use USBDM. So I got several problems.

I set the stand-alone HCS08 programmer as shown in Fig.1 and 2 programmer setting 1.png

Fig.1

programmer setting 2.png

Fig.2

When I tried to detect the chip ID, it started to give errors in following figures:

programmer detect ID error.png

programmer detect ID error2.png

I also tried to load the Hex file: HCS08-PTxx-flash-program.abs.s19. The programmers gave such following errors:

programmer example error.png

programmer example error2.png

The USBDM I used based on JS16. The website is USBDM_JS16仿真下载器-售价40元_开发工具_北京飞锐泰克科技有限公司. The system I used is windows 7 32bit system.

0 Kudos