Contributor III

Dear All,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @youngkugpark ,

MBDT comes with native support only for the FreeMaster tool. You should also be aware that there is a second option for the FreeMaster, which is called FreeMaster Lite. Maybe this will help you.

I don't know how the ETAS INCA works so I am afraid that I can not help you with that...

Now for generating the hex/bin/s19 MBDT comes with the compiler files so you have to press the following commands in order to get the desired files.

Run the mbd_find_mpc_root command to find the install path of the MBDT. With that path you can type the following command "{Path}\tools\S32DS\build_tools\powerpc-eabivle-4_9\bin\powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe -O ihex gpio_mpc574x.elf gpio_mpc574x.hex" to generate the hex file.

mariuslucianand_0-1608717887314.png

If you want to embed all of the above commands in the Makefile and to create them automatically, please go to {Path}\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x open the mbd_mpc574x.tmf and add the desired commands starting with the lines 558 

mariuslucianand_1-1608718266738.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @youngkugpark ,

MBDT comes with native support only for the FreeMaster tool. You should also be aware that there is a second option for the FreeMaster, which is called FreeMaster Lite. Maybe this will help you.

I don't know how the ETAS INCA works so I am afraid that I can not help you with that...

Now for generating the hex/bin/s19 MBDT comes with the compiler files so you have to press the following commands in order to get the desired files.

Run the mbd_find_mpc_root command to find the install path of the MBDT. With that path you can type the following command "{Path}\tools\S32DS\build_tools\powerpc-eabivle-4_9\bin\powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe -O ihex gpio_mpc574x.elf gpio_mpc574x.hex" to generate the hex file.

mariuslucianand_0-1608717887314.png

If you want to embed all of the above commands in the Makefile and to create them automatically, please go to {Path}\mbdtbx_mpc574x\mbdtbx_mpc574x open the mbd_mpc574x.tmf and add the desired commands starting with the lines 558 

mariuslucianand_1-1608718266738.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Happy New Year, Marius

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @youngkugpark ,

Thank you! I wish you all the best in 2021 :D!

So, in the generated folder you were not able to find the required file format after adding these lines of code?

Marius

0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Yes, 

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you share with me the log file from the code generation and code compiling?

Marius

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Dear, Marius

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @youngkugpark 

Apparently, there is more to change than that.

Let' try to generate them manually. For that go to the _mbd_rtw generated folder 

Run the mbd_find_mpc_root command to find the install path of the MBDT. With that path you can type the following command "!{Path}\tools\S32DS\build_tools\powerpc-eabivle-4_9\bin\powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe -O ihex gpio_mpc574x.elf gpio_mpc574x.hex" to generate the hex file or the extension that you are interested in.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Hello, Marius

0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Hello, Marius

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @youngkugpark ,

You have to replace the {Path} with the output of the mbd_find_mpc_toolbox.

You have to open the gpio_mpc574x_mbd_rtw folder with the generated code  just like in the image below.

For you, the command should be like this

!C:/MATLAB/ADD-Ons/Toolboxes/NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx/tools/S32DS/build_tools/powerpc-eabvile-4_9/powerpc-eabvile-objcopy.exe -O -ihex gpio_mpc574x.el gpio_mpc574x.hex

mariuslucianand_0-1610097172893.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Hello, Marius

0 Kudos
youngkugpark
Contributor III

Hello, Marius

0 Kudos