Simulink "External Mode" Examples for MPC57xx?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink "External Mode" Examples for MPC57xx?

Jump to solution
rsating
Contributor III

Are any Simulink "External Mode" Examples available for Power Architecture processors MPC57xx?

One exists for S32K1xx but not MPC57xx, but it is still difficult to get started for MPC57xx without help.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rsating ,

Unfortunately, we do not provide support for the external mode on the MPC toolbox.

Are you interested in such functionality for the MPC platform?

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rsating
Contributor III

For added context, below is the most immediate obstacle I'm running into trying to set up External Mode for MPC5777C.

Given the MEX-file assigned to this model, there are no available choices for the Transport Layer.  

For S32K1xx, the Transport Layer can be set to "serial".  For MPC5777C, the only choice is "none".

uart_echo_mpc5777C_config_code-gen_transport-layer_mex-file.png

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rsating ,

Unfortunately, we do not provide support for the external mode on the MPC toolbox.

Are you interested in such functionality for the MPC platform?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
rsating
Contributor III

My feeling is supporting "External Mode" would benefit a large subset of developers. 
I would be interested.  Being able to watch the model run on the MCU is nice to have.

The S32K144 toolbox in sl_customization.m associates the MEX-file with the TLC file with the following code:

%% Register external mode transport protocol.
cm.ExtModeTransports.add('mbd_s32k.tlc', 'serial', 'ext_serial_win32_comm', 'Level1');

Is there any reason I could not drop this into the same place in the MPC5777C toolbox and expect it to work?

Is it worth trying? Or is this something difficult and best avoided?

0 Kudos
rsating
Contributor III

To give my last reply better context:
The MEX-File 'ext_serial_win32_comm' is what provides a serial interface External Mode to use, and the "serial" option in the pick list which currently only has "none".

0 Kudos
rsating
Contributor III

Mathworks confirmed we have to wait for NXP to implement the microcontroller side of  External Mode communication.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rsating ,

I don't think that you can use uart files from the S32K to MPC because the serial peripherals differs and the initialization differs.

Anyway, I've opened a feature request for external mode support for the MPC as AST-2370.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos