In this video we discuss about control system theory and the mathematics behind the speed controller designing process. We are going to analyse the control system stability based on poles and zeros location and then we will compute the PI speed controller gains using the Root Locus allocation method.
For the cases where the system transfer function is unknown we are discussing Ziegler Nichols method for finding the controller gains and we are going to verify the control system designing process by simulating a BLDC motor behavior and building a PI speed controller to handle the system response.
We discuss about:
- How to choose the controller type based on system transfer function;
- How to analyze system stability starting from the characteristic polynomial;
- What are the gain, zeros and poles of closed loop transfer function;
- Root Locus allocation method based on second order ideal model with dumping factor and natural frequency;
- Ziegler Nichols tuning methods;
- Simulink models for BLDC motor and PI Speed Controller
NOTE: Chinese viewers can watch the video on YOUKU using this link