The Edge Processing Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors is pleased to announce the release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox for i.MX RT 1xxx Series version 1.1.0. This release supports automatic code generation for peripherals and applications prototyping from MATLAB/Simulink for NXP’s i.MX RT 106x & 101x Series of crossover MCUs.
For more details, features, and how to use the new functionalities, please refer to the Release Notes and Quick Start Guide documents attached or check this EXPLAINED by System Tools video to learn more about this solution.
NXP Download Location
MATHWORKS Download Location
Version 1.1.0 Release Content
- Automatic C code generation based on MCUXpresso SDK 2.8.2 drivers and MCUXpresso Configuration Tools 8.1 initializations from MATLAB®/Simulink® for:
- i.MX RT 1061: MIMXRT1061CVJ5A,MIMXRT1061CVL5A,MIMXRT1061DVJ6A,MIMXRT1061DVL6A
- i.MX RT 1062: MIMXRT1062CVJ5A,MIMXRT1062CVL5A,MIMXRT1062DVJ6A,MIMXRT1062DVL6A
- i.MX RT 1064: MIMXRT1064CVJ5A,MIMXRT1064CVL5A,MIMXRT1064DVJ6A,MIMXRT1064DVL6A
- i.MX RT 1011: MIMXRT1011CAE4A,MIMXRT1011DAE5A
- Multiple options for configuration of MCU packages, Build Toolchain and embedded Target Connections are available via Simulink Model Configuration UI
- Multiple MCU peripherals and Drivers supported. The following subsystems highlighted in red as supported in Simulink environments in various forms: blocks, files, options
i.MX RT 106x derivatives
i.MX RT 101x derivatives
- Basic and Advanced Simulink Block configuration modes via Configuration Tools 8.1 UIs for Pins, Clocks, and Peripherals
- MATLAB/Simulink versions 2019a – 2020b are supported for Design, Simulation, Code Generation, and Deployment of application on i.MX RT 106x & 101x Series. Other i.MX RT devices will be supported in the future versions of the toolbox.
- Support for Software-in-Loop (SiL), Processor-in-Loop (PiL), and External Mode;
- RTCESL – Real-Time Control Embedded Software Motor Control and Power Conversion Libraries (limited support designed for Motor Control applications). A future update will enhance the number of functionalities supported by Simulink.
- Simulink Example library with more than 100 models to showcase various functionalities:
Target Applications with MATLAB/Simulink
This release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox can be used to design, build, and test applications from multiple domains:
This release is intended for technology demonstration, evaluation purposes, and prototyping for i.MX RT 1061, 1062, 1064, and 1011 MCUs and their corresponding Evaluation Boards:
Examples, Training, and Support: https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt
Technical by System Tools: https://web.microsoftstream.com/channel/618ab630-c8da-4fa8-ade8-5aa70a353124