Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster PCAN-USB Support

Jump to solution
jjacp
Contributor III

Hello,

I was wondering if the #freemaster development team has any plans to add support for the PEAK PCAN-USB device in their CAN plugin? Many of the supported CAN devices are either too expensive (Vector) or hard to find and purchase in North America.

Thanks!

1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jjacp‌,

Thank your for pointing this one to us. The FreeMASTER is going through an internal redesign process - therefore we are open to improvement suggestions.

I've captured this request as FMNG-21 (just for record - you will not be able to access the link) in our internal database.

Best regards,
Daniel  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jjacp‌,

Thank your for pointing this one to us. The FreeMASTER is going through an internal redesign process - therefore we are open to improvement suggestions.

I've captured this request as FMNG-21 (just for record - you will not be able to access the link) in our internal database.

Best regards,
Daniel  

alexisberthon
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm wondering if redesign has been already done to support PEAK PCAN-USB ?

could I have an update on this ?

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi alexisberthon‌,

Currently the FreeMASTER 2.0.8 (latest version) supports these versions of CAN drivers:

pastedImage_1.png

petrfajmon-b17364

Do you know is there are plans to support PEAK PCAN-USB in the FreeMASTER 2.0 ?

Thank you!

Daniel

alexisberthon
Contributor II

Hello Petr,

thanks a lot for the update.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Bohrfutter
Contributor III

Hello Daniel,

We would also like to see the support of the pcan peak usb adapter! We have a PC bootloader application which only supports pcan and so we need to USB devices connected to the host one to flash (pcan) and one to debug (ixxat).

I just found the Kvaser CAN adapter is supported in the fresh 2.0.7.0 - even nobody asked for ;-).

My company could send you a peak usb can adapter if needed or we could help implementing the driver.

We have also implemented a MCU Freemaster CAN interface which has no access to the CAN hardware. In many applications we have already implemented a CAN handler and so we only want to pass the data[8], ID and length to the Freemaster code. If anyone is interested I can upload the modifications.

And talking about the Freemaster we found a small bug. When you have CAN enabled and an oscilloscope with 0=maxspeed (bus load ~30%) you have variable reading <1ms on the CAN bus but only data points every ~13ms in the Freemaster window.

Cheers

Sebastian

lucav
Contributor I

Hi Sebastian,

I'm interestedint your changes about the separation of CAN management from the Freemaster protocol

could you share it ?

Cheers

Luca

0 Kudos
jjacp
Contributor III

Great! Thanks dumitru-daniel.popa‌!

0 Kudos