Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN TIMEOUT DETECTION

Jump to solution
ykarata1
Contributor IV

Dear All,

I need to detect whether I am getting heartbeat of other components that is connected through CAN communication. If not, I should give error after a timeout.

So while I am searching for a solution I have run into that thread. And I just wanted to implement recommended solution by @constantinrazva in " https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/CAN-Timing/m-p/1172473#M5178 "

My block is here as it seems. I have put one Get_Bus_Tick in RX_Complete and One in Subsystem and substracted them to find timedifference. I am taking TIMEOUT as zero everytime.

I have also attached that part of my model like and excel file in attachment. You should convert attached file to .slx from xlsx.

How can I solve that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ykarata1
Contributor IV

Hello,

I think I have an approximate solution for that. I am using timestamp output of RX block and checking has it changed or not by using change detection block. Also I am using Peridic Interrupt 1 and at each interrupt, it takes change detection as input. If three consecutive "not change" is detected, I raise a signal HIGH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WrightLyons
Contributor I

TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card.

0 Kudos
ykarata1
Contributor IV

Hello,

I think I have an approximate solution for that. I am using timestamp output of RX block and checking has it changed or not by using change detection block. Also I am using Peridic Interrupt 1 and at each interrupt, it takes change detection as input. If three consecutive "not change" is detected, I raise a signal HIGH.

0 Kudos