SubFaults creation for K26 Processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubFaults creation for K26 Processor

paritosh_kedia
Contributor I

I am working on Kineics K26 processor referring to Document Number: K26P169M180SF5RM, we have Bus Fault, Memory Management Fault, Usage Fault and Hard Fault with Sub faults for each of these Fault. Need some information for How to Create each type of Subfaults for the different type of Faults. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Paritosh,

In the Analyzing HardFaults on Cortex-M CPU article mention the sources for each fault:

Bus Fault: detects memory access errors on instruction fetch, data read/write, interrupt vector fetch, and register stacking (save/restore) on interrupt (entry/ exit).

Memory Management Fault: detects memory access violations to regions that are defined in the Memory Management Unit (MPU); for example code execution from a memory region with read/write access only.

Usage Fault: detects execution of undefined instructions, unaligned memory access for load/store multiple. When enabled, divide-by-zero and other unaligned memory accesses are also detected.

Hard Fault: is caused by Bus Fault, Memory Management Fault, or Usage Fault if their handler cannot be executed.

For more information I will suggest to check the following link.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos