cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a PX4 Robotic Drone CAD file

Jump to solution
g_h89
Contributor II

Hello guys, i am working on a cover design project for PX4 robotic drone and i was wondering if anyone had a CAD file of the drone or the main body, that they could let me borrow?

1 Solution
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have added more accurate top plate file to thingiverse.
pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

17 Replies
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also the FMU Case is available here as well https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3672194 

g_h89
Contributor II

okay thank you, and if you want to email me that cad file my email is guillermohuerta14@live.com

0 Kudos
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
g_h89
Contributor II

when i opened the step file on solidworks it shows a circuit board, not the drone body? i dont know if im doing something wrong

0 Kudos
g_h89
Contributor II

ignore my last comment i figured it out. again thank you so much for the help man!

0 Kudos
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HoverGames Drone frame model by igalloway - Thingiverse 

@Guillermo Huerta g_h89@txstate.edu‌   Here is what i have found.

0 Kudos
pardz
Contributor I

Dear @iaingalloway ,

When clicking the link provided above to the thingiverse page it is unable to download the detailed top-plate design which I require, all other parts are able to be downloaded and viewed/modified in Fusion 360. Is their anyway you could send me a direct copy of the detailed top plate as I require it for further development ?

Kind regards 

Pards

0 Kudos
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have this in MCAD. If you had time to help measure the details and write them down a bit i might be able to add more detail to the top and bottom plates ("frame-board")
pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have added more accurate top plate file to thingiverse.
pastedImage_1.png

pardz
Contributor I

@iaingalloway ,

When reviewing the files in thingiverse It does not allow me to download the detailed top plate, even when downloading the entire folder whereby I am able to open/modify all the files in fusion 360, the only file that is missing is the detailed top plate as highlighted above. Is there anyway this could be rectified/sent directly to me ?

Kind regards

Pards

0 Kudos
Shake21
Contributor II

Hello, I am planning to build a mount for raspberry pi. Can I have the cad model of this or at least the dimensions of the plate? Thank You..

g_h89
Contributor II

that'll work man, ill have to add the gps antenna since we have to work around that but i can do that. i appreciate it 

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Guillermo,

The files will be available to download next week in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/px4-robotic-drone-fmu-rddrone-fmuk66:RDDRONE-FMUK66

Thank you. 

Best Regards,
Fabian
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fabian, I think the files you are mentioning are the ECAD files (schematic and board files). Guillermo is looking for a mechanical design for the overall drone frame. I have an approximate one just about to hunt it down. 

Meanwhile - there is a mechanical design for the FMU case here: HoverGames RDDRONE-FMUK66 RevC Case by igalloway - Thingiverse 

0 Kudos
g_h89
Contributor II

were you able to hunt those files down Iain? 

0 Kudos
iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just to clarify, this is for the physical drone, not the electronics or case for the flight controller (RDDRONE-FMUK66?)
I have a rough CAD file, but it doesn't quite give enough detail on the top plate where you would create a cover.
I'll check though various files and get back to you.
hovergames fmuk66 #rddrone-fmuk66

#kit-hgdronek66#mobile robotics

g_h89
Contributor II

yes sir that's correct its for the physical drone, and i don't need too much detail. Thank you, i appreciate the help very much.

0 Kudos