cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Write limits

sachin_singh
Contributor II

Hi All,

Can we write 128 bytes of data to Desfire Ev2 4k card, In single go or at a time ?

Thanks & Regards

Sachin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the datasheet available in DocStore for the max buffer size.

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

sachin_singh
Contributor II

Hi Ivan,

I already gone through the docstore and read out some the documents.

From the document - an363013 - AN3630 MIFARE DESFire EV2 Features and Hints (1.3), I read that card can write and read upto 64 bytes at a time with default FSCI and the default value of FSCI is 5.

And it can be setted further max value upto 7, which can support the 128 bytes of data size for transreceive of data at single time.

I have changed the FSCI value to 7 for the 128 bytes size for the data transmission.

(As this detail I found from the product data sheet of Mifare Desfire card Ev2)

After setting the FSCI value to 7 for the 128 bytes data, I am un-able to send 128 bytes of data and still it write max 64 bytes of data to card at single time or single go.

Where as I need to write & read full 128 bytes of data to card at single time not IN CHUNKS. 

For example : I have data of 800 bytes and need to write it into the card. For that I have prepared it with wrapped native command.

Now with default FSCI value 5 which handles the 64 bytes of data at time. To write 800 bytes of data to card I have to send write command for 800/64 = 12 times or say in the chunks of 12 write commands.

But after after setting FSCI value to 7, which handles the 128 bytes of data at a time. Then to write 800 bytes of data to card I have to send write command for 800/128=6 times or say in chunks of 6 write commands with data of 128 bytes.

I hope you are getting my problem.

Looking forwards for your response.

Thanks

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sachin,

The information about this product is confidential, please help us to contact your distributor or FAE assigned. 

Thank you.

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos