Smart Energy Gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Energy Gateway

Smart Energy Gateway

Description

Faced with limited resources and booming demand, the energy industry seeks greater efficiencies within complex energy management and distribution processes, all while providing the best consumer experience. To achieve better service and smarter, streamlined processes, energy providers require reliable, real-time access to data.

This smart energy gateway device gathers data from the sensors around it and uploads that information to the internet where it is processed and shown to the user.

This solution has two approaches, one with a LPC MCU with low-power consumption and a Sigfox interface to send the data to. The other approach is with an i.MX 6UL MPU with Bluetooth, Ethernet and USB interfaces. Both designs share ZigBee® connectivity in order to communicate with the devices around it.

Features

• LPC MCU offers low-power consumption
  • Sigfox interface to send data
  • i.MX 6UL MPU with Bluetooth
  • Ethernet interface
  • USB interface
  • ZigBee connectivity

Block Diagram

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

Products

Category Name 1:

MCU and MPU

Product URL 1

LPC540XX Family of Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP 

Product Description 1

The LPC54SXX offers a power-efficient and unique architecture, advanced HMI and flexible communication peripherals for real-time performance in the next-generation IoT.

Product URL 2

i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor | Single Arm® Cortex®-A7 @ 696 MHz | NXP 

Product Description 2

The i.MX 6UltraLite applications processor includes an integrated power management module that reduces the complexity of external power supply and simplifies power sequencing.

Category Name 2:

Power management

Product URL 1

10-Channel Configurable PMIC | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PF3001 power management integrated circuit (PMIC) features a configurable architecture that supports numerous outputs with various current ratings as well as programmable voltage and predefined sequencing.

Product URL 2

PCA9410/9410A | NXP 

Product Description 2

The PCA9410 and PCA9410A are highly efficient 3.0 MHz, 500 mA, step-up DC-to-DC converters. They convert input voltages from 2.5 V to 5.25 V to a fixed output voltage of 5.0 V.

Product URL 3

TJA1101 | 2nd generation PHY Transceiver | NXP 

Product Description 3

The IEEE 802.3bw (100BASE-T1) compliant TJA1101 Ethernet PHY transceiver provides 100 Mbit/s transmit and receive capability over unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cables to withstand the most taxing automotive applications, while still maintaining low-power consumption and system costs.

Product URL 4

USB PD and type C current-limited power switch | NXP 

Product Description 4

The NX5P3290 is a precision adjustable current-limited power switch for USB PD application. The device includes under voltage lockout, over-temperature protection, and reverse current protection circuits to automatically isolate the switch terminals when a fault condition occurs.

Product URL 5

HV start-up flyback controller with integrated MOSFET for 5 W applications, f~burst = 1270 Hz | NXP 

Product Description 5

The TEA1721 is a small and low cost module Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) controller IC for low power applications (up to 5 W) and operates directly from the rectified universal mains input.

Category Name 3:

Peripherals

Product URL 1

PCF2129 | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PCF2129 is a CMOS Real Time Clock (RTC) and calendar with an integrated Temperature Compensated Crystal (Xtal) Oscillator (TCXO) and a 32.768 kHz quartz crystal optimized for very high accuracy and very low power consumption

Product URL 2

BGS8L5 SiGe:C LNA MMIC bypass switch LTE | NXP 

Product Description 2

The BGS8L5 is a LNA with bypass switch for LTE receiver applications, in a small plastic 6-pin thin leadless package. It delivers system-optimized gain for diversity applications where sensitivity improvement is required.

Product URL 3

PCAL6408A | NXP 

Product Description 3

The PCAL6408A is an 8-bit general purpose I/O expander that provides remote I/O expansion for most microcontroller families via the I²C-bus interface.

Product URL 4

PCA9626 | NXP 

Product Description 4

The PCA9626 is an I²C-bus controlled 24-bit LED driver optimized for voltage switch dimming and blinking 100 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs.

Product URL 5

Single pole double throw (SPDT) switch | NXP 

Product Description 5

The SA630 is a wideband RF switch fabricated in BiCMOS technology and incorporating on-chip CMOS/TTL compatible drivers. Its primary function is to switch signals in the frequency range DC to 1 GHz from one 50 Ω channel to another.

Category Name 4:

Wireless

Product URL 1

Zigbee and IEEE 802.15.4 wireless microcontroller with 512 kB Flash, 32 kB RAM | NXP 

Product Description 1

The JN5169 is an ultra-low-power, high-performance wireless MCU suitable for ZigBee applications.

Product URL 2

Low-Power Multi-Channel UHF RF Wireless Platform | NXP 

Product Description 2

The OL2385 device is a radio frequency transceiver with an embedded MCU designed for a wide range of industrial and home applications requiring a very high link budget for bidirectional RF communication.

Product URL 3

QN908x: Ultra-Low-Power Bluetooth Low Energy System on Chip (SoC) Solution | NXP 

Product Description 3

QN908x is an ultra-low-power, high-performance and highly integrated Bluetooth Low Energy solution for Bluetooth® Smart applications.

Category Name 5:

NFC

Product URL 1

NTAG213F, NTAG216F | NFC Forum Type 2 Tag compliant IC with field detection | NXP 

Product Description 1

The NTAG213F offers innovative functionalities like the configuration of a field detection, the SLEEP mode, the FAST_READ command, and a configurable password protection. These capabilities fit perfectly for applications in electronics, i.e. connection handover, Bluetooth® simple pairing, Wi-Fi protected set-ups, device authentication or gaming.

Product URL 2

PN5180 | Full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC | NXP 

Product Description 2

The PN5180 is a high-performance full NFC Forum-compliant frontend IC for various contactless communication methods and protocols.

Category Name 6:

Security

Product URL 1

A1006 | Secure Authenticator IC: Embedded Security Platform | NXP 

Product Description 1

The A1006 Secure Authenticator Solution is a complete embedded security platform for electronic accessories, mobile phones, portable devices, computing and consumer electronic devices, and embedded systems where a strong security infrastructure is required.

Tools

ProductLink
MCIMX6UL-EVK: i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kiti.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit | NXP 
KITPF3000FRDMEVM: Evaluation Kit for PF3000/1 Power Management Integrated CircuitEvaluation Kit for PF3000/1 Power Management Integrated Circuit | NXP 
OM13513: RTC demoboard containing PCF2127T and PCF2129ATRTC demoboard containing PCF2127T and PCF2129AT | NXP 
OM25180FDK: PN5180 NFC Frontend Development Kit for POS Terminal ApplicationsOM25180 |PN5180 NFC Development Kit for POS Readers | NXP 
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎11-20-2019 08:18 AM
Updated by: