cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pn7150 self test

normbxl
Contributor I

Hello,

I've tried to use the test-antenna feature of the PN7150 (chapter 12.3 in user guide) but the controller returns a status=0x06, which is not defined in the list of possible status values. In other cases the 0x06 would stand for a semantic error, but I can't see why.
The code for reading the TxLDO current

uint8_t testTxLDO_Cmd[] = {0x2F, 0x3D, 0x02, 0x01, 0x80};

uint8_t response[MAX_NCI_FRAME_SIZE];

uint16_t respLen;

NxpNci_HostTransceive(testTxLDO_Cmd, sizeof(testTxLDO_Cmd),

response, sizeof(response),  &respLen);

if ((response[0] != 0x4F) || (response[1] != 0x3D) || (response[3] != 0x00)) {

return NXPNCI_ERROR;

}

float I_txLdo = 0.4f * (float)response[4] + (response[5]==0 ? 50.0f : 20.0f);

response[3] is in my case 0x06. Same is true if I use the function NxpNci_FactoryTest_RfOn() from the new Nxp-Library, where basically only the command and parameter is different (0x20, 0x01 at the end).

Has anybody had success using the self-test?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norman,

Is it possible to share the NCI log of this issue? Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

normbxl
Contributor I

Since the old buggy library code destroyed the EEPROM of the NCI on the development board I'm using the NCI on the board designed by us, meaning I don't have a full log like the console print from the example.
I can tell that the response array on the self-test request look like this:
[x4F, x3D, x01, x06] with response-length 4. Since the first 2 bytes just show that this is a reply to command x2F, x3D and byte 3 is the length of the response (1) the 4th byte is the status and should be 0x00 if everything went fine.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the information! Would you please help to check the Manufacturer Specific Information in [NCI] CORE_INIT_RSP on your side? We may have the firmware version info from this. Please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos

vincentgolle
Contributor I

Hi there,

We are experiencing the exact same issue as Norman, the TEST_ANTENNA_RSP being 0x5 or 0x6.

Our CORE_INIT_RSP is in hex:

40 1 19 0 3 1e 3 0 8 0 1 2 3 80 81 82 83 2 d0 2 ff 2 0 4 88 10 1 a0

Thank you for your quick help

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vicente,

Did you set PN7150 in the correct state? Please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos

normbxl
Contributor I

Hello Kan,

here is a screenshot of the full 28 bytes of the CORE_INIT_RSP:

CORE_INIT_RSP.png

HW_Version= 64
ROM version=1

FW version = 25.0

0 Kudos