Writing DATA to PN7150 NFC controller operating in CARD EMULATION MODE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing DATA to PN7150 NFC controller operating in CARD EMULATION MODE

adnanhuxain
Contributor I

We are using the PN7150 NFC controller in our project and have been able to implement the DEMO source code provide by NXP to run various NFC modes that the PN7150 supports. I would like to know the following about the PN7150

Q: When the PN7150 is in CARD EMULATION mode, data can be READ OUT of the PN7150 by a reader. I want to know whether it is possible to WRITE data to the PN7150 running in CARD EMULATION mode by a Writer. 

I think that in the demo source code writing data to devices operating in card emulation mode is not present. I just want to know whether this actually works or not. I know that an NFC Reader/Writer can Read and Write data to a TAG. My question is Writing Data to a device in CARD EMULATION mode. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  @adnanhuxain :

Yes, it is possible  to write data to the PN7150 running in card emulation mode by a writer.  There is no restriction from the IC itself.

PN7150 can not work autonomously here in card emulation. It requires a host (connected via I2C) to drive PN7150, and it must implement the applicative part of the card emulation (NDEF handling).

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos