Write Tag on Nokia 3 fails with NXP Tag Writer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Tag on Nokia 3 fails with NXP Tag Writer

tinue
Contributor I

I am using the Android App "NFC TagWriter by NXP" (v4.1) to write onto an NTAG213 chip from NXP. All of the write operations fail (format, write data set etc.). The erase operation for example shows "Erase failed" (translated from the German "Löschen Fehlgeschlagen"). There is not additional information about a reason that I can see.

The tags can be written with other hardware (e.g. Andruino with PN532 shield). The tags can also be written by another application running on the Nokia 3. So it appears to be a software problem, not hardware.

The device is a Nokia 3 (TA-1032). It is running Android 7.0, build 00WW_1_39M.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

dr_jan
Contributor I

I can confirm this. I also have a Nokia 3 (HMG Global TA-1032), currently using Android 8.0.0 (German settings). NFC works perfectly and I can write my NFC tags as I want. I'm using NFC Form Type 2 / NTAG213. While writing to the tag I just receive an error but no further details. 

Using g a different tool to write my tags everything works fine. So I agree, there must be a special problem in the NXP App coz that's the single point of issues.

JJ (northern Germany)

0 Kudos

naticklamb
Contributor I

Also can confirm on Nokia 3.

What is the solution? Mirror and counter options unavailable on iphone version of tagwriter.  So which Nokia phones work?

Thank You

Rick

0 Kudos