What should be the minimum RF input voltage amplitude between LA and LB, GND pad left floating, VLA-VLB peak to peak for IC NT3H2111?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be the minimum RF input voltage amplitude between LA and LB, GND pad left floating, VLA-VLB peak to peak for IC NT3H2111?

aabraham
Contributor I

0 Kudos
4 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Below the MIN and MAX values:

• VI_RFmax = 4.6 Vrms 
  • VI_RFmin = 2.2 Vrms

Limiter starts at 2.2 Vrms and IC becomes functional. Max voltage is 4.6 Vrms.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

aabraham
Contributor I

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.

I could see Vi(RF) [VI_RFmax = 4.6 V) in the datasheet. But it is mentioned as Vpeak. If I go with the datasheet then I can have a maximum of 4.6V*2=9.2V pk-pk across the pins LA and LB. But if I consider your values then the maximum voltage could be 4.6V*1.414*2=13V pk-pk and minimum voltage could be 2.2V*1.414*2=6.22V pk-pk. Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know what values I have to consider in my design.

And I didn't find anything about VI_RFmin in the datasheet.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Anoop.

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Anoop,

Please consider the range below in Vrms:

• VI_RFmax(rms) = 4.6 V
  • VI_RFmin(rms) = 2.2 V

Vi(RF) min is the minimum voltage for the IC to operate.

The correction to the unit of Vi(RF) max was already reported to the corresponding person and hopefully corrected in the next revision of the document. Thank you for your comprehension.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

ben_devries
Contributor I

IvanRuiz

Hello Ivan,

I have a few questions adding on to discussion here.

1.   Is there a new revision past revision Rev. 3.5 of the NT3H2111_2211 with the correction of the units for VI_RF max?

2.   Is the max voltage of VI_RF is the voltage across LA-LB with the limiter circuitry in place or the max voltage without the limiter  circuitry in place?

3. Is it possible to get more information about the electrical characteristics of the La-Lb pins including a more detailed equivalent circuit with limiter circuity included?

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos