Transfer speed accuracy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer speed accuracy

mnfsoft
Contributor I

In your datasheet MFRC522 Standard performance MIFARE and NTAG frontend you have referred to Table 10. Selectable UART transfer speeds with Accuracy with positive and negative values with only one remark saying The resulting transfer speed error is less than 1.5 % for all described transfer speeds. what is meant by +/- mark on the values and what is btter speed to choose if both fluctuate from - to + values around 9.6 kBd what is the law that our calculation is based on for - and + value I mean an error is an error? i.e. a lost bit, or not? I just do not understand - and + values???

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear MNF SOFT,

By this it does not mean a los of a bit it means that the speed may vary +/- 1.5 % so there is not way to guarantee any device that works perfeclty due to all of the  factors that can affect the speed, so  there is an error margin  that we provide that we guarantee that  the speed may fluctuate between +/- 1.5 %. I think the default value of the UART is ok but this will depend on your side and application to fulfill the need of your project.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos