Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag write not occur in NXP-NCI example

candid
Contributor I

Hello

Tag write operation does not occur.

The function RW_NDEF_T2T_Write_Next found a piece of code that performs the check:
    case Writing_Data:
        / * Is Write success? * /
        if ((Rsp_size == 2) && (pRsp [Rsp_size-1] == 0x00))          <----- this is the condition

Example console output:
      Block record (NxpNci_HostTransceive function):
            NCI >> 0 0 6 A2 4 3 26 D1 1
            NCI << 60 6 3 1 0 1
      Reading the response (NxpNci_WaitForReception):
            NCI << 0 0 1 2                             <----- 0 0 1 - header, 2 result

The check verifies that the answer consists of two bytes, but only 1 byte comes in the response. It can be seen from the code: 0 0 1 - header, 2 - result.
We only got one byte.

If you remove this check, tag write operation is performed.
Why expect a response of two bytes (one of them must be 0) in NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example?

The developer board is PN7150 (OM5578 / PN7150ARD) and the example is AN11990 (NXP-NCI MCUXpresso example)
Uncommented:
#define RW_SUPPORT
#define RW_NDEF_WRITING

Best regards.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jorick
Contributor I

I've noticed this happening in my project as well.  The 00 00 01 02 is an error code from the write that means the command wasn't recognized.  When I do a write in my project, I don't get a response to the write, although I do get a notification of the number of credits available which tells me the write was successful.  But if I get the 02 error code I know that the write failed so I have to retry.  Sometimes I have to retry 3 or more times before the write is successful.

I'm using custom code on an LPC11U24/301 (the library wouldn't fit so I wrote my own) with the LXMS33HCNG-134 RFID tag (ISO 15693/NFC Forum Type5 compliant).

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The latest NXP-NCI MCUXpresso project version is 1.3, and what about yours? is it the latest version? Please kindly clarify.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos