Support Apple VAS and Google SmartTap using PN7150 readers + linux_libnfc-nci SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Apple VAS and Google SmartTap using PN7150 readers + linux_libnfc-nci SDK

andrewvillagran
Contributor I

Hi, I have a PN7150 reader connected to a Linux board. Is the PN7150 used in conjunction with the linux_libnfc-nci SDK capable of supporting Apple's Value Added Services (VAS) and Google's SmartTap, for Apple Wallet and Google Wallet, respectively? If so, will it require me adding code on top of the linux_libnfc-nci SDK in order to support their protocols? If the PN7150 is not capable of supporting these technologies, can you recommend another reader that is capable? Finally, is there any documentation or resources available that can help me better understand how to support VAS and SmartTap from a hardware + SDK perspective?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For Apple VAS support please refer to the PN7150X. 

For the more information please find it as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/high-performance-nfc-controller-ic-with-sup....

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

andrewvillagran
Contributor I

Thanks for the swift reply!

I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly -- the PN7150 is absolutely not able to support Apple VAS, correct?  The PN7150X is the only NXP chip capable of supporting it?

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes. You are right.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos