SWO pins was disabled, cannot program NHS3152

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWO pins was disabled, cannot program NHS3152

wenyangxie
Contributor I

I disabled P0.10 and P0.11 on NHS3152. It cannot be connected, programmed and debug via LPC-Link 2. Anyone can help me? Many thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are multiple options:

• Do you have CRP enabled? Have a look at the documentation in your SDK: docs/FirmwareDevelopmentDocumentation/index.html > SW Debug Considerations, there is paragraph that talks about CRP.
  • Exactly when do you disable the SWD functionality? Immediately after a reset when main gets control? Or a few milliseconds later? You may be able to re-flash your IC by using FlashMagic, which prior to a flash operation, resets the IC and tries to hold the ARM as quickly as possible. It is much faster than the LPCXpresso IDE.
  • Is there a way in the application logic of the firmware currently flashed in the chip, that will cause it to re-enable SWD debugging? Can that be provoked, after which you can flash again?
  • Did you include the msg module in your application and enable the diversity setting MSG_ENABLE_PREPAREDEBUG? Then you can force enabling the SWD functionality and halting the ARM core by sending an NDEF message with 1 MIME record using the payload 08h 00h.

If all this fails, or is not possible, then the only way out is to solder a new IC to your board.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

wenyangxie
Contributor I

I just simple run the blinky demo, but I set PIO10 or PIO 11 to OUTPUT pin after board_init() and then it died. 

I didn't enable CRP and try to erase flash by FlashMagic, but they don't work.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Then I'm afraid the IC looks thoroughly bricked and beyond recovery.

Replace the IC - or the entire board, and adapt your firmware:

• Either just add
    Chip_Clock_System_BusyWait_ms(50);
    before doing something possibly dangerous. This will give you a minimum window of opportunity of 50 ms to break in.
  • Better seems to have a look at the implementation of
    void ResetISR(void)
    in the tlogger application firmware (look in SDK 11 ALPHA), and copy the extra break-in possibility, conditional to the state of the wake-up push button: i.e. wait during startup for as long as the WAKEUP pin is low.

Best,

0 Kudos