Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RedlinkServer Exception when trying to program NHS3152

l95kr
Contributor II

Hello,

when trying upload code i get the following error message:

Cannot write to server: not open
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.getWriter(RedlinkServerClient.java:621)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.writeln(RedlinkServerClient.java:1247)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.send(RedlinkServerClient.java:996)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1060)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1041)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1028)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.probeList(RedlinkServerClient.java:923)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.common.redlinkserver.RedlinkServerEmuHandler.discoverEmulators(RedlinkServerEmuHandler.java:213)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.win.AbstractWinServerProbe.discoverEmulators(AbstractWinServerProbe.java:78)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.EmulatorsDB.getEmus(EmulatorsDB.java:396)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.EmulatorsDB.getEmulatorInfo(EmulatorsDB.java:303)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.EmulatorsDB.getAvailableEmulators(EmulatorsDB.java:219)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.TargetDiscovery.probeDiscovery(TargetDiscovery.java:576)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.TargetDiscovery.probeDiscovery(TargetDiscovery.java:539)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.TargetDiscovery.probeDiscovery(TargetDiscovery.java:758)
at com.crt.ctrlcenter.utilities.flash.FlashUtility.runDiscovery(FlashUtility.java:245)
at com.crt.ctrlcenter.utilities.flash.FlashUtility.access$0(FlashUtility.java:243)
at com.crt.ctrlcenter.utilities.flash.FlashUtility$1.run(FlashUtility.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

I'm using:

• LPCXpresso IDE v8.1.0 
  • Windows 10
  • LPC-Link V2
  • NHS3152 demo board

I've installed the SDK and the blinky expample builds without errors, but uploading/debugging doesn't work.

Could anybody help me with that problem?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for submitting this question, we really appreciate this!
I believe this issue may have something to do with the preferences of the LPCXpresso, have you checked the jumper configurations? According to the UM11152 (…\release_mra2_nhs3100\release_mra2_12_4_nhs3100\docs) .In section 3.2.1 JP1, is mentioned that the Non-bridged variant requires the JP1 not to be mounted and to select the boot type.
Could you please follow this instruction and let me know if it helps or does the same.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

l95kr
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

But i think the issue is somewhere else: I tried every jumper-configuration but none has worked.

I got the same setup running on two private computers but not on my work computer.

For now i can use LPCXpresso to write the program an use flashmagic to actually flash the NHS3152 that works just fine. When i tried to flash the chip using LPCXpresso on my private computers the first time  i got a prompt from windows to allow network acces. I think that my work computer just blocked that since i dont have any admin-rights on that one.

Best Regards,
Lennard

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lennard,

Sorry for answering you until now, could you please try using LPCXpresso 8.2.2 or even better, MCUXpresso 10.2.1? I´m going to ask you to please install the IDE outside of the Programs files folder and then, follow the Getting started manual one more time, please.

Once everything is correctly installed and ready, please build and run the blinky example without any modifications and, manually start the RedLink server (is a red icon in the toolbar, looks like a red chain that is tilted to a 45º angle).

Fabian_R_0-1638200959317.png

After this, please share with us the output you are getting.

Thank you for your patience Lennard.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos