cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 FDK

hoang_ai_viet
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm new to NFC technology and I have a PN5180 NFC Frontend Development Kit in my tech department. However when I read the quickstart of PN5180, it says that I need LPC-Link 2 to flash the code using MCUXpresso IDE. So that means in this PN5180 there is no firmware at all? and It works like a antenna shield but it's not a baseboard? Can I flash the code without LPC-link 2?  

Best regards,

Viet

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Viet,

The PN5180 has its own firmware programmed out of factory, it can only be upgraded in a secure firmware
download mode, please refer to "12. Secure Firmware Update" in the data sheet for details. The firmware referred in the quickstart guide is the firmware for LPC1769 on that board, as PN5180 is just a NFC front end, so it needs to work with a MCU like LPC1769, which is supported by MCUXpresso IDE, and LPC-link 2 is the debug probe required by this IDE tool.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------