cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN512 Manufacturing Testing Antenna output

pasisalminen
Contributor I

Hello.

I would like to have more than a Pass/Fail test for the PN512 antenna connection and matching components related to it. Can I somehow drive a CW (Carrier Wave) out of the PN512?

I could not find such thing from the protocol stack, but I'm not an ESW developer. One NFC test equipment supplier suggest to do a spectrum sweep with the NFC radio. But this again requires a special mode for the Radio to perform.

Any other suggestions how to measure the PN512 radio? The key components are frequency and power, but how to implement the measurements to an ATE environment.

Thank you

2 Replies

rfidtag
Contributor II

Hello,

Please check the application note  AN11535 Measurement and tuning of a NFC and Reader IC antenna. It is the good  guide for this .

When you are not able to use a vector analyzer or network analyzer you can use an indirect method. As it is an inductive coupling via second coil that is connected to HF milivoltmeter or oscilloscope you are able to roughly check (tunning) the radiated power.

0 Kudos

antonyb
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for this reference; however at manufacturing is there a simple way to verify the functionality. Such as transmit the CW wave and measure the frequency and power and make sure that the circuit is working as expected. If not these; let me know the standard procedure followed during manufacturing.