One P2P mode vs one Reader mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One P2P mode vs one Reader mode

hanktan
Contributor II

Can I make one pn532 in p2p mode and make another one in reader mode, so that when I send read card commands from the reader, the p2p side can receive and output that command streams received from the reader? What need to be done, p2p in passive target mode?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hank,

Why not put PN532 in card simulation mode and the other in reader mode? Seems such kind of communication more likely comply for the protocol. Is there any MUST reason to put PN532 in P2P mode? Please kindly help to clarify.

Best regards,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hanktan
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, is a must. If you search "NFC spy" you can download this app and use TWO android phones to remotely bride an iPhone to a bank pos terminal and make them feel like they are facing each other, and make Apple Pay. We have done that successfully! Now we want to apply that theory to make a hardware version. To make customers pay at the restaurant table to Apple Pay without having to go to the cashier counter. To fully utilize NFC on every restaurant table.

You can call me at 626-235-0585 too

Thanks

Hank

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hank,

P2P passive mode is very similar to card emulation mode, you have to distinguish them via SAK(Select AcKnowledge), and build a custom application for it.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos