cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM5577: "NfcService Init Failed" after updating Raspberry Pi 3

cacstech
Contributor I

Hello,

I recently installed the OM5577 Raspberry Pi Linux demo image (REV 1.2) onto an SD card for my Raspberry Pi 3. After starting up my Raspberry Pi 3, I confirmed that the OM5577 device was working by using the nfcDemoApp. I then decided to check for updates for my Raspberry Pi using apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade. The following changes were made:

pic.jpg

Right after doing the updates, I confirmed that the OM5577 device was still working using the nfcDemoApp; however, after restarting my Raspberry Pi, I get the following error message when running the nfcDemoApp:

NfcService Init Failed

I'm guessing that when installing the updates for the Raspberry Pi, a package that the nfcDemoApp uses was either modified or removed. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue and get the nfcDemoApp working again? I know that reinstalling the demo image will make it work, but I would rather be able to keep my Pi updated and still be able to use the OM5577 device.

Thank you,

Steven T. Cacner, Jr.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Steven,

The image has some custom configuration that needed by the demo app, so it is not recommended installing updates based on that, but if you have to update the Pi, you might have to upgrade it manually, for example, update the packages that you want, and better leave the kernel as it is.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos