cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM-SE050ARD - NFC application

fixed-term_ngoc
Contributor I

Hello guys,

I currently work with the NXP-SE050 Arduino Development kit (OM-SE050ARD) for NFC application and Security.

I have a few questions, if possible, could you support me?

As I read on the datasheet, SE050 Arduino Development kit (OM-SE050ARD) has Internal Antenna itself, and the SE050 (security element on board OM-SE050ARD) also has the integration with NFC Technology as well as fully compliant with interface ISO/IEC14443A standard. It seems like the Arduino kit has physical layer to create application with NFC, such as. make it as a NFC Reader or Tag.

But I cannot find any documents or demo examples that support to work with NFC on this board.

Question:

- Is that possible to make OM-SE050ARD as a NFC Reader or NFC Tag? (I think it could be)

- If yes, will NXP provides any starter codes or software or libraries for OM-SE050ARD to interact with the antenna for NFC application?

- Is that possible to control the signal power passing through the internal antenna or external antenna attached to OM-SE050ARD for NFC application?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sebastien_armle
Contributor I

Hi,

Is anyone aware of an SE050 NFC tag released by a manufacturer ? Many thanks

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

- Is that possible to make OM-SE050ARD as a NFC Reader or NFC Tag? (I think it could be)

Actually OM-SE050ARD can just work as a passive NFC tag if the CL interface is selected.

- If yes, will NXP provides any starter codes or software or libraries for OM-SE050ARD to interact with the antenna for NFC application?

We have NFC reader library for MCU to control a NFC frontend to communicate with a passive NFC tag based on the standard of ISO14443A. Please refer to NFC Reader Library | NXP for more details.

- Is that possible to control the signal power passing through the internal antenna or external antenna attached to OM-SE050ARD for NFC application?

No, it is not possible because it is not a NFC reader.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos