cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-functioning OM5569 NFC Explorer Board

dinofarina
Contributor II

Hi,

I just purchased an OM5569/NT322ER NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit and it doesn't seem to be working.  The identiv Cloud reader works fine and its light changes from green to amber when I put an NTAG device on it and Windows does indeed recognize both the reader and the NTAG device.  However, neither the Peek/Poke nor Windows Demo program recognize the tag or the Explorer Board itself, and the Explorer board does not power up.  The Explorer board's LCD display powers up but the Explorer board doesn't do anything if I connect it to a PC via the USB connector - though I understand from the user guide that the Explorer board is supposed to get its power via the energy harvesting function of the NFC tag.  The setup behaves the same way on two separate PCs running Windows 10.  Am I doing something incorrectly here, do I have a dead board, corrupt firmware, or something else?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dino

0 Kudos
11 Replies

ulrick
Contributor I

Hi, I have the same problem as Mr. Dino has, I downloaded the new bin you posted, and tried to flash with the FWUpdate_CLOUD_3700_F_Ver1_00_BuildVer1_40.exe but no way, it states that the file is not correct and that no device with correct id is connected. I tried also with the application on the phore to reflash it, but it states that there was an error during flash (Error during memory flash). How could I solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

wael_hazin
Contributor I

Hello:

I have the same issue and have spent all day and night trying to get it to work. I received the first board with the LCD screen broken and the second device does not seem to be working either. I am having the same issue. the reader driver is installed and recognized by the PC. when I plug the ntag board in nothing is displayed on the LCD screen even when placed over the reader. The LCD screen back lights up. I am using the PC NTAG I2C Demo PC app and that does not seem to recognize the board either. The peek and poke Utility does recognize the board and a "*" character is displayed on the screen. I have also tried to re-flash the board using my  j-link Plus and that wasn't successful either as I received an error indicating the board refused the connection.  please help as this is getting to be very frustrating.

0 Kudos

dinofarina
Contributor II

Hi Kan Li,

I've followed those instructions on 2 separate PCs to no avail.  It sure looks to me like the firmware on the OM5569 microcontroller is either corrupt or not installed at all.  Anything else I should try before sending the kit back for a refund?

Thanks,

-Dino

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dino,

There is a SWD port on the OM5569/NT322ER NTAG I2C plus Explorer board, you may download the firmware directly , and the code can be fetched from http://cache.nxp.com/documents/software/SW3649.zip .

If you want to request a refund, please kindly refer to Returns and Warranty Information|NXP  for details.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dinofarina
Contributor II

Hi Kan Li,

I downloaded and unzipped the file in your link but do not see any firmware in the package - it looks like all the executables and source code for the desktop applications but not for the microcontroller.  Could you please advise?

Thanks,

-Dino

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dino,

Sorry, that is my mistake. Please kindly refer to http://cache.nxp.com/documents/software/SW309111.zip  for details. The firmware is in NTAG_I2C_LED_Demo_LPC812_1.6.zip.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

dinofarina
Contributor II

Hi Kan Li,

Do you have any pre-built binaries I could use to flash the MCU with?  I don't have any tools set up to handle the LPC parts.  Otherwise, I'll send the setup back for a refund.  Very frustrating to be perfectly honest.

-Dino

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dino,

Please kindly refer to the attachment for details.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li

0 Kudos

dinofarina
Contributor II

Thank you Kan Li.  I'll let you know if the MCU re-flashing fixes the issue.

Regards,

-Dino

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Have you applied the solution as below?

pastedImage_1.png

Please kindly refer to http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10967.pdf  for more details.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li

0 Kudos

jlvern
Contributor I

Hi,

The problem with gpedit.msc is that it is not available in many versions of Windows7  (Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter) ...

In my case, the NFC iDentiv uTrust 3700F reader did not work with "NTAG I2C Demo" until I update the firmware http://cache.nxp.com/documents/software/SW4044.zip (firmware dated 10/18/2016 !)... and now it works, but with bugs he seems. (Eg it only reads 992 bytes while the Android program reads 1928 bytes !).

0 Kudos