NXP Tagwriter 'Lock' option no longer available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Tagwriter 'Lock' option no longer available?

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi all,

Hope you are well. 

The recent update to the NXP Tagwriter app has taken away the ability to 'Lock' Tags during the process of encoding to the Tag.

Would anyone happen to know how to reinstate this option, if at all, and why NXP have decided to remove the option?

The NXP Tagwriter Version we have is 4.8.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Tom. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The lock option is available in Protect tags section -> Lock tag option of TagWriter app. Please note that this locks the content permanently in Read-only state for MIFARE Ultralight and NTAG products (as mentioned in the app).

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

Many thanks for your message.

From my understanding this method only allows them be 'locked' separately from when encoded. Would I be right in saying the user would now need to encode a Tag first, and then go to the Protection Tags section to lock the Tag? 

Before the update the user was able to 'lock' the Tag during the process of encoding the data.

Best Regards,

Tom. 

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You are right, if you would like to protect the Tag, something will have to be written to it before, since the lock option makes the Tag read-only.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

Many thanks for your message and confirming. 

It seems strange NXP have decided to remove 'locking' during the process of encoding like it was before the recent update.

Best Regards,

Tom.

0 Kudos