Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP TagWriter apps concern

mabeler
Contributor I

Dear NXP Community member,

Good day.

Currently I’ve found the new updated apps NXP tagwriter apps (version 4.0 & 4.1) will have some issue which I have never faced before on the same phone, the error message will prompt out as  “Store failed. Not valid NTAG21x product.” when I trying to overwrite or write the information into a tag which have password protection. My phone is Sony Xperia Z1 and bought in Japan.

Some of my members have tested with other Samsung phone (Japan type as well), they faced the same problem as well.

I did the further testing to check and found that this issue came out if I would like to protect my NFC tag with password protection. So meanwhile, if there is no password protection, then I can write the information into the NFC tag correctly and without any problems.

Be frankly speaking, actually I could not find the above issue if i used oversea phone (bought in Singapore) to test. But I think this is somehow related to new apps version since previously I don’t have this issue. So herewith, I would like to ask for your help to investigate whether there is any software bug issue for your new updated apps.

Thank you very much for your support.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Mabel Er

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TuanPDPaditech
Contributor I

@Jonathan_IglesiasI am using TagWriter application version 4.8.3, and i can't overwite the info with uid , counter in to the 224 DNA tag. i get the error message “Store failed. Not valid NTAG21x product.”  when i try to write. Please help me. Thanks

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Mabel Er, Hope you are doing great, This behavior is normal when you try to overwrite a protected tag, if you want to perfom this you will need to first tell the phone the actual password that is in the tag, you can accomplish this by  selecting protection > the password type of your tag > current password  then  put the password and you can select whether to keep the password, change it or remove it. 

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos