cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP - NFC tag recommendation help

naga_suresh
Contributor II

Hi,
I am planning to establish communication between low powered battery operated Device(microcontroller) to NFC tag (Please find below image).

MCU_NFC_Comm.PNG

Please suggest the NXP-NFC device(tag) to fulfil the following requirements.

1) Application Specific :
         a. Required Bi-directional communication, to exchange ~4kb of device configuration files between MCU and mobile App. (configuration can be WI-FI credentials, communication certificates, )

2) NFC tag specification:
      a) Must be NFC certified
      b) Power consumption shall be less than 5mA in operational mode (please refer ideal/sleep time consumption shall be in µA)
      c) Bi-directional communication supportive tag
      d) Max data transfer ~4kb of data need to transfer

Regards,
Suresh

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

naga_suresh
Contributor II

Hi Fabian,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Suggested modules having approx. 64bytes of RAM, Sending large configuration certificate is not possible, so what will be the max size of tag read/write buffer(chunk) size having?

A) Host need to decode NDEF message format or Tag it self decodes and send the raw data to the host (through I2C). If Host need to decode please suggest the library.

Also please suggest an integration / Application example SDK if available.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Suresh,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

If you are looking for low power consumption Tags I'll recommend you to check our NTAG products

NTAG I2C:

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-tags-for-electronics/ntag-ic-plus-2k-nfc-forum-type...

NTAG 5:

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-tags-for-electronics/ntag-5-boost-nfc-forum-complia...

In this case, NTAG5 Boost will allow a smaller antenna design.

If you are interested in a low consumption reader as a fully functional solution, please check the PN7150

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/high-performance-nfc-controller-with-integr... 

All of these solutions have a power consumption lower than 5mA, the PN7150 has a power consumption in listener mode of 4.5 mA. As you can check in the Characteristics section of each Datasheet.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

naga_suresh
Contributor II

Hi Fabian,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Suggested modules having approx. 64bytes of RAM, Sending large configuration certificate is not possible, so what will be the max size of tag read/write buffer(chunk) size having?

A) Host need to decode NDEF message format or Tag it self decodes and send the raw data to the host (through I2C). If Host need to decode please suggest the library.

Also please suggest an integration / Application example SDK if available.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos