Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Different Code Flashing Technique

sachin_singh
Contributor II

Hello All,

I hope you all doing good ...!!!

I am new to NXP Micro-controller Family and trying to understanding it.

From last couple of day I am searching for the NXP flashing technique avaible to load/flash the code.

I need some help of yours on below :

1. I am looking for the boot-loader code(sample or example), which flash NXP MCU with USB or and with communication peripherals too.

2. Is their any document which explains to the booting & flashing of NXP MCU.

3. Or any document support for the NXP MCU programming for their different families.

4. Primary & Secondary boot-loader, how configure and develop it.

Looking forward for the kind support ...

Kind Regards

SR

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello!

Well, this question could take a couple of different approaches. Depending on which family of MCU you want to choose is the kind of flashing you need to perform. For instance, ARM microcontrollers (like LPC and Kinetis) uses JTAG. Another example are the 8 bit MCU uses other methods, and so on. On which family are you interested on? What kind of application are you building?

Regards.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

sachin_singh
Contributor II

Hi @Fabian Ramirez,

I am using PN7462AU Eval-Kit for development.

Currently using Eval-kit with SoC PN7462AU, but after that I need to use it single IC on PCB to flash the code into it.

So, I am looking for the USB based secondary boot loader to load the MCU with USB communication.

Looking forward for your kind support...

Kind Regards

SR

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The PN7462 contains 40 kB of on-chip ROM memory, the on-chip ROM contains a bootloader, USB mass storage primary download.  The secondary bootloader is placed directly after the flash boot code and provides the functionality to download a user application program.

You can check as well the PN7462 family Software User Manual.

If you are just getting started with the device, I would recommend you to check our available webinar collection, where you can not only find more information about your device but also there is one webinar explaining the structure of the reader library that you will be using with your device

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos