NTAG23xF FD pin is not changing level when RF-field is present.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG23xF FD pin is not changing level when RF-field is present.

arturoruiz
Contributor I

Hello, It's my first time working with NFC technology and I'm trying to use the FD-pin on a NTAG213F to send data to a microcontroller. At least use the signal transition to wake up the microcontroller from a sleep state. I understood from the datasheet that the FD pin has a default value configuration of 11b which means that by default the pin should make a transition when a reader/writer (e.g. smartphone) interacts with the tag. I doubled checked my circuit and everything should be working fine. But the FD pins seems to have no response. Am I missing something? Do I have to configure de FDP CONF bits to a different mode? If so how am I supposed to do so? I mean, is there any kind of interface to configure the ntags or change their default values?? 

I'm new working with ntags and NFC technology any help will be really appreciated. 

#Ntag213f #NTAG216F #field detection

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I already tested de Field detection feature and it works, I set up the FD_OFF as 00b and the FD_ON as 00b as well. Besides that, another configuration has to be made to be able to see the transition as mentioned in the datasheet. Please refer to chapter 8.4 Configurable Event Detection Pin, Fig 12. FD pin example circuit of the following document https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/NT3H2111_2211.pdf to configure FD pin circuit.

As you can see, I am detecting the transition from 1 to 0 in the oscilloscope when the reader's field is present.

Hardware:

pastedImage_1.png

High level:

pastedImage_2.png

Low level:

pastedImage_3.png

Best regards,

Ivan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos