cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG-213 verification using iPhone

grekov_e
Contributor I

Hello !

Is it possible to create iPhone application (IOS 11, NFC censor of iPhone X) that verifies NTAG-21x - I mean reads UID and signature. As I understand iPhone may only read NDEF information from tags - so it's impossible, am i right?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugene Grekov,

You may need to update version of IOS to 13 and then try to use the TagInfo downloaded from App Store.

Here you can refer: How To Read NFC Tags With An iPhone

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

grekov_e
Contributor I

Thank you for response!

1) From article I see that TagInfo on iPhone only read NDEF information from tag. I not see "Signature verified" message, like in TagInfo on Android - see attached file.Screenshot_20190901-121515_TagInfo.jpg

2) From other articles on "seritag.com" site I understand that iPhone able to read only NDEF labels from NFC tags - so I can't read UID and signature. Am i right?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry
I am not able to update IOS 13, so can't test it for you.
Maybe you can update IOS and then test it with other App.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

grekov_e
Contributor I

Robin,

Again, from this article we cant understand, that iOS 13 able to verify signature. 

Do you have any article say that iPhone able to do it?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for my delay! 

I need to consult this with our internal team and will update this thread as soon as I have their feedback. 

0 Kudos