NHS3100

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3100

teinsu
Contributor I

We need to use NFC to transfer files, Can you provide application source code .

Thanks!

Tein

0 Kudos
14 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please download the SDK as  this link: Temperature logger|NXP - check the "Software & Tools" tab.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: - If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you! - We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi:

Download this?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes. Download the file from the website. Please let me know if can't download it.

Note: - If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you! - We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi:

There is only binary code in the SDK, can the source code be provided?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tein,

The firmware for <SDK>sw/nss/app_closed_nfcprogramloader is only released in binary form. The use cases our IC is targeting are not served by OTA updates. If you disagree, contact us and we can start a business discussion.

If you don't want to update the firmware, but read/write a file - with for example configuration data - you can have a look at the communication messages implemented by the different demo's. There we show how to do a full data dump, or how to configure the exposed parameters of a firmware application.

Kind regards,
Dries

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi Dries:

We evaluated the use of NHS3100 to do point-to-point transmission of data with android phones. Is there suitable sample code? Thank you.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the SDK under <SDK>/docs/communication.html, you can find how we enable bi-directional communication using the type 2 NFC interface. This is implemented in firmware using the msg module. Each application can implement his own app.specific messages, which is doen a.o. by the firmware project app_demo_dp_tlogger. In the source file msghandler.c of that project, there is an implementation to allow to read out multiple kilobytes of data, all under full control of the ARM processor.

The same approach can be used to implement dedicated generic data transmission in both ways. We don't have a copy-and-paste code snippet for you to use, but there is no technical hurdle to do so. You can adopt the approach as proposed in the different demo firmware code; or write your own, optimized for your use case.

KR,
Dries.

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi Dries:

We used the NHS3100 downloader for testing, the transmission speed is very slow, I think it is because there is more flash program time,

Can you provide app_closed_nfcprogramloader We can first disable the flash program to test the pure transmission speed.

https://youtu.be/PouOUo30UCA

Best Regards,

Tein

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tein,

Yes, the transmission speed is very low. Writing is slower than reading, and we also notice big differences between different phones - iOS13 seems to have implemented the fastest NFC drivers, but the NFC Program Loader is not released for iPhones.

The wireless programming option is provided to allow for small batch programming, useful for demo's and tryouts. To revert to the original flash contents you can flash (wired) the binary file from <SDK>/sw/nss/app_closed_nfcprogramloader. We do not release this file with sources.

If you want to test the transmission speed, you can start from the different example code snippets from the documentation and the example and demo code which is released with full sources. I have no hard numbers, but the actual throughput will be far off from the NFC NFC bitrate. With the proposal as used in the SDK for bidirectional communication, both on the tag side and the tag reader side the actual data throughput is slowed down, to avoid timing issues.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi Dries:

Does the NHS3100 support peer-to-peer 2 peer mode?

In addition, if using ndef transmission, how fast is the transmission speed? Does the NXP factory have any data for reference?

Best Regards,

Tein

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tein,

No. The NHS3100 is a tag and does not have any tag-reader functionality. It cannot generate an NFC field.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi Dries:

We used the NHS3100 starter kit and tried to download the firmware, but the following error occurred, can you help check? Thank you.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tein,

This is an error message I'm not familiar with. To me, it indicates a problem with your setup. not with the debugger board and not with the IC. Please re-check the getting started guide to see if you missed a step.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

teinsu
Contributor I

Hi:

We want to use the NHS3100 to achieve the pass through function of NTAG i2c. Is there a suitable sample code in the SDK for us to refer to?

Thanks!

Tein

0 Kudos