cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifare Classic answering to RATS

gwendal_cournee
Contributor I

To whom it may concern,

I have an issue with several MiFARE classic cards. According to MIFARE ISO/IEC 14443 PICC Selection, on page 9, a MiFARE classic tag should not answer to RATS command, which is confirmed by its datasheet. I am sure thes tags are MiFARE Classic because they are vulnerable to specific attacks.

What can i conclude ?

- Is this document not up to date and/or not enough all-inclusive ?

- Is these cards smart MX or MIFARE PLUS SL1 (and then SAK is wrong) ?

- Is raw frame for RATS the same as a proprietary MiFARE Classic command ?

Thank for your future answers,

Gwendal Cournée

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gwendal Cournée,

As I know, Mifare Class will not response the RATS command, so what you have should not be Mifare Class, where did you order this kind of card?

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gwendal_cournee
Contributor I

Hi,

It answers the byte 0x04 when i am sending RATS, hence it can not be an ATS packet. 

It is a personnal card I have, and it is vulnerable MiFARE Classic attack with a weak prng. Furthermore, the value of SAK enhances the fact that it is a MiFARE classic card.

I do not know what to conclude,

Have a great day,

Gwendal 

0 Kudos