MIFARE SAM authenticate PICC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIFARE SAM authenticate PICC

p_hala
Contributor I

Hello community, we are currently working with an old version of MIFARE SAM based on DES and RSA encrypted cards. Our setup is a SAM Reader where the needed keys are stored and MIFARE DESFire cards for holding the data. The problem is that there is not enough documentation available for these type of cards because they are initially from 2005 and therefore we are requesting help in order to get a running communication between the cards and the application.

First step as far as we know is to authenticate the PICC card based on the SAM_Authenticate_PICC command:

SAMAUTHPICC.PNG

Based on this documentation we are trying to send a proper adpu command to the reader but we need a help how to retrieve the enc(rndB) from the reader and decrypt/encrypt it with the master key. We are open for any kind of help in order to retrieve the correct instructions for an successful authentication. We welcome code samples or any kind of further documentation! 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

p_hala
Contributor I

Hello, we received from our customer these potential email addresses where documentation was initially requested. I will write you an email to this service mail address taplinx@nxp.com.

We are looking forward for any kind of information and documentation, please check the NDA status of these email addresses.

BR
Philipp

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @p_hala Hope you are doing great, 

as you may know the devices you are mentioning are secured under NDA ( Non Disclosure Agreement)  this means that all the information, tools and support should be delivered using secured communication channels and only to customers with active NDA. I belive the issue comes from the steps you are following the recommendation would be that you contact your distributor so they answer this in a secure way or create an internal case.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos